Thank you everyone who could make it out! We had local photographers from Orange County to super cool ones from far away – San Francisco, San Jose, San Antonio(Texas).
Due to overwhelming interest, the beginner’s workshop sold out in a few hours. Intermediate and advanced ones coming in the near future. They will be much smaller than this one because of the technical aspects of learning creative lighting.
Beginners – 3 hours
- Understand what equipment to use
- Get a feel of the difference between studio strobes and mobile lighting kits
- Locate sources of ambient light and how to angle / compensate for them
Goal: Student will be able to setup a 2-3 point lighting scenario and properly calibrate for subjects
Intermediate – 5 hours
- Learn how to frame an image effectively
- Use of harsh / creative shadows
- Understand how to reflect or deflect light
- Play with ring lights, barn doors, honeycombs, grids, etc.
Goal: Student will be able to use creative lighting setups and calibrate for virtually any scenario in a matter of a few minutes
Advanced – 5 hours
- Must have strong grasp of lighting
- Use of snoots for pin-point lighting
- Advanced level post production
- Learn how to fashionably pose subjects
Goal: Student will be able to book badass gigs based on flippin’ sweet lighting setups
Need a model or makeup artist? In fact, they can even do their own makeup and hair so it saves you the trouble!
Kyuri – model
Some Student Work
The first image (my fave) is by Jenny Liu Photography (Orange County photographer)
All images taken at Ritz Carlton (Laguna Niguel) after marketing workshop
P.S. You all ROCKED! Just too bad, I did not take any pictures myself boo…